(Bloomberg) -- Pent-up demand for the first U.S. Bitcoin exchange-traded fund has driven assets held in the investment vehicle to more than $1 billion in just two days.
Most Read from Bloomberg
- Google’s Biggest Moonshot Is Its Search for a Carbon-Free Future
- A $30 Billion Fortune Is Hiding in China’s Silicon Valley
- Beef Industry Tries to Erase Its Emissions With Fuzzy Methane Math
- Google’s CEO: ‘We’re Losing Time’ in the Climate Fight
- Hate-Speech Case Forces Japan to Confront Workplace Racism
The ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF (ticker BITO) ended Wednesday with $1.1 billion under management after trading volume topped $1.2 billion, according to a press release. That’s the quickest that an ETF has reached the $1 billion mark, Bloomberg Intelligence data show.© Bloomberg First U.S. Bitcoin ETF rallies as cryptocurrency hits all-time high
BITO’s launch Tuesday was met with almost off-the-charts demand, ranking as the second heaviest-traded ETF debut on record. Data overnight showed inflows of $567 million in its first trading session. The product’s settlement arrangements mean official flows arrive with a one-day lag.
The enthusiasm surrounding the fund has helped propel the world’s largest cryptocurrency to an all-time high, with Bitcoin at one point nearing $67,000 on Wednesday. Other issuers are lining up to introduce their own products, with Bitcoin futures ETFs from VanEck and Valkyrie potentially coming to market this month.
BITO has climbed about 8.2% to $43.28 from its inception price of $40, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. It was little changed in pre-market trading at 5:20 a.m. in New York.
(Updates to include confirmed first-day inflow)
Most Read from Bloomberg Businessweek
- How Donald Trump, Elon Musk, and Gwyneth Paltrow Short-Circuit Your Ability to Think Rationally
- These Out-of-Work Americans Tell Us Job Market Turmoil Is Anything But Transitory
- Homeopathy Doesn’t Work. So Why Do So Many Germans Believe in It?
- What My Brain Scan Revealed About the Science of Persuasion
- Jane Fraser Has a Plan to Remake Citigroup While Tormenting Rivals
©2021 Bloomberg L.P.
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/proshares-bitcoin-etf-tops-1-billion-assets-in-just-2-days/ar-AAPMwZi657